Thursday, July 8, 2010

Life matters.

It's becoming quite evident to me that the majority of human conversations - at least Stateside - revolve around mundane chatter.

"How was your weekend?"

"It's a hot one today!"

"Do you have the time?"

I reject this common notion and prefer to focus my discussions with pals, colleagues, family, etc. on the more important matters in our respective relationships.

For example, a chat with a close pal o' mine:

JFY: so, please.
my colleagues's bday is sunday so we decided to get donuts and a dunkin donut gift card.
no one volunteered to get the donuts
so i have to drive 30 minutes out of my way to either get them tonight or tomorrow morning.
i mean really.
one of my colleague's lives right next to a dunkin store...
i have to drive to maryland to get them!

Kent: ha!
i love your office stories
they're so craze.

JFY: so craz
everything is such a dilemma!
then next week is another colleague's birthday
so i'm sure i'll have to do everything for that too
this is all bc our boss got me a gift card for my birthday
and now everyone expects one.

No comments:

Post a Comment